VIDEO SERVICES FAQS
What is an At-Home Video Session?
Securus Video ConnectSM allows you to securely connect with your incarcerated friends, family members or clients from your home, office, or anywhere using our Android or iOS app or a PC with internet access, and webcam.
What is the difference between an Onsite Video Session and an At-Home Video Session?
An onsite video session is similar to standard through-the-glass visitation except that you will travel to the jail and visit with your incarcerated loved one using a touchscreen terminal located at the correctional facility’s visitation center. The benefit of Onsite video is that you can schedule your visit online in advance allows you to visit when it’s convenient for you.
In addition to being able to schedule your visit in advance, At-Home video session also enables you to visit with your incarcerated loved one from home or anywhere else with your Android or Apple smartphone or a computer with webcam, and internet access. This is the most convenient communication option because it allows you to share life events from anywhere.
How do I know when my incarcerated loved one is available to visit?
The system knows when your incarcerated loved one is available and only allows you to schedule a visit according to their availability.
What do I need to do in order to visit from anywhere?
Start by making sure you have downloaded the Securus app. Then, create a Securus Online account and follow the step-by-step instructions in order to begin scheduling your At-Home video session.
You can also visit from home using a computer (desktop or laptop), high speed internet access and a webcam.
I am having trouble with my account. Where do I go?
Our customer care team is available 24/7. You can reach them by live chat, email, or phone which is located to the right of this screen or in the tab above.
Note: Securus is not responsible for the quality of your Internet connection or for the setup and operation of your computer, web camera, or other hardware. Problems related to your Internet connection or hardware should be directed to your Internet service provider or a qualified computer repair technician.
Internet (DSL, Cable, Fiber) Speed
- 256KB minimum upstream and downstream speed
- To test network speed, go to speedtest.net.
Configurations Supported by Securus Online
- Windows (XP, 7, 8, 10) with Firefox or IE 9, 9, 10, or 11
- To optimize performance for IE 9, 10, and 11, add “securustech.net” to Compatibility view settings.
- Verify the latest Java software is installed – get it at www.java.com. Only one version is needed.
- If the camera doesn’t work, uninstall all Java versions, reboot your PC, and install the latest version of Java.
- Add https://securusvideovisitation.securustech.net to the exception list under the security tab in the Windows “Control Panel” under Java control panel.
- MacOS 10.9+ with Firefox or Safari.
Supported Smart Phones (running the Securus Video Visit application)
- Android 4.0+
- Apple iOS 8.0+
Notes about video and sound
- Most built-in cameras on laptops, tablets, and smartphones provide sufficient picture quality.
- Visit is being monitored and recorded.
- Do NOT use while driving.
- Headset or earbuds with microphone recommended.
Securus is not responsible for the quality of your Internet connection or for the setup and operation of your computer, web camera, or other hardware. Problems related to your Internet connection or hardware should be directed to your Internet service provider or a qualified computer repair technician. Visit Securus Terms and Conditions for full details.